If You Must Do It, Do It Right!
Be proactive with regular chiropractic visits to keep your back strong and healthy!
Whether we’re raking leaves, shoveling snow or planting flowers, these and other backbreaking chores can not only cause pain but injury as well.
Here are some valuable tips to help keep your back healthy the next time you tackle those outdoor to-dos:
• Have a young family member or neighbor do the job for you.
• Keep the rake or shovel near your body to avoid injury. Extending it away from you and then pulling sharply inward could spell trouble for an older or vulnerable back.
• Try not to twist your torso.
• Bend using your knees, not your back.
• Take frequent breaks. Some people work nonstop for many hours and feel fine, yet wake up the next morning barely able to move.
• Schedule an appointment. We will reduce any interference to your nervous system allowing your body to function at its fullest potential.
Remember, if your back starts to feel tired or stressed be sure to stop, rest and visit us for quality chiropractic care. Regardless of the activity, taking proactive steps to keep your back strong and healthy is the best way to get the job done.